Before Sunrise

Tuesday, September 08, 2009 0 Comments A+ a-

How could I express my thoughts on this, This was the most romantic film ever for me(Yet to see Casablanca). From start to end this was a pleasure. The dialogues were crunchy,Cinematography was the best literally felt I m in Vienna with them , though you feel sometimes they should have increased Budget but what worked great is the ultimate chemistry between these two guys namely Jessy & Celene.


The way he asks her out for that night was really cool."Alright, alright. Think of it like this: jump ahead, ten, twenty years, okay, and you're married. Only your marriage doesn't have that same energy that it used to have, y'know. You start to blame your husband. You start to think about all those guys you've met in your life and what might have happened if you'd picked up with one of them, right? Well, I'm one of those guys. That's me y'know, so think of this as time travel, from then, to now, to find out what you're missing out on. See, what this really could be is a gigantic favor to both you and your future husband to find out that you're not missing out on anything. I'm just as big a loser as he is, totally unmotivated, totally boring, and, uh, you made the right choice, and you're really happy." So cool isn't it?


The poem by the river is the BEST romantic conversation it goes like this,

Daydream delusion, limousine eyelash
Oh baby with your pretty face
Drop a tear in my wineglass
Look at those big eyes
See what you mean to me
Sweet-cakes and milkshakes
I'm a delusion angel
I'm a fantasy parade
I want you to know what I think
Don't want you to guess anymore
You have no idea where I came from
We have no idea where we're going
Lodged in life
Like branches in a river
Flowing downstream
Caught in the current
I carry you
You'll carry me
That's how it could be
Don't you know me?
Don't you know me by now?



The virtual phone where they pretend as they have called home was really sweet . I almost thought that Imtiaz Ali got his idea of Jab We Met from this one.
I feel really lucky as I have seen this masterpiece , really enjoyed it from the bottom of my heart. Most of the times she made me think that she is Phoebe Bufe from Friends(Looked almost like her.) & she is my favourite character from that show.. Only thing I didn't like was it came to end so fast & they depart leaving a question mark on my Mind , Why did they do that , this should go on & on..........